1. How long have you had your shop in Thornebrook and what is your favorite thing about being here?
Brittany’s Fine Jewelry opened 11-14-1985. What attracted me to Thornebrook Village, besides the location, is the ability to control my overhead by owning my unit.
2. What is your favorite thing about being a small business owner?
I like the flexibility of being a business owner and that I feel more in charge of my own destiny.
3. What makes your store/business so special and why should people come here instead of buying online?
I feel as though jewelry should never be bought online. I can look at the specs on a diamond and even though I understand what the quality grade, measurements, and percentages mean, I still couldn’t tell you if that diamond was pretty or not. At Brittany’s, we hand select every diamond and colored gemstone piece that we carry.
4. What activities do you enjoy in your free time?
Beach time, reading and watching sports.
5. What would be your ideal way to spend a Saturday in Gainesville?
Attending a University of Florida Gator Baseball game.
6. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone thinking of opening a business like yours?
Be prepared and willing to work…work…work. Don’t go into it without proper funding.
7. What is your favorite new store item from the last 6 months?
Too many to choose from…many new colored gemstone pieces